AD Engineer-Washington DC

  • FPStaffing
  • Washington, DC, United States
  • May 04, 2017
Full time Engineering Information Technology

Job Description


Clearance Level: DoD Top Secret



Position Description

The Active Directory Engineer will provide engineering support of a large scale enterprise environment. The candidate should have extensive knowledge in all facets of AD-related tasks and activities, as well as with Domain Controllers (from an architecture, engineering, deployment, operational and support perspective). The individual must be an expert in Active Directory and the associated Microsoft product line and have a solid understanding of Identity Management. 60% of time will be spent supporting projects in various stages of engineering, testing, or implementing Active Directory solutions to include writing engineering documentation, supporting meetings, writing presentations, answering questions; remaining 40% will be spent troubleshooting Active Directory problems in a Tier IV capacity.


Required Skills:

  • Active Top Secret Security Clearance
  • 4+ years of related work experience
  • Extensive Active Directory (AD) experience
  • Excellent understanding of Directory services to troubleshoot all escalated issues
  • Identity Management
  • Excellent writing skills with a proven background in writing documentation, presentations and policy
  • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills

Desired Skills:

  • Tier 4 support experience
  • Scripting (the ability to author and edit scripts; such as PowerShell, VBS, etc.)
  • Certifications highly desirable

In addition to the general skills listed above, the ideal candidate will have experience with Microsoft applications and technologies that are within the scope of this engineering role, such as (but not limited to):

  • Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
  • Microsoft Advanced Group Policy Management (AGPM)
  • Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS)
  • Microsoft Distributed File System Replication (DFSR)
  • Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager (FIM)/Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM)
  • Microsoft Unified Access Gateway (UAG)/Microsoft Web Application Proxy (WAP)
  • Active Directory Federated Services (ADFS)
  • Microsoft File/Print services