Overview of Vulcan Materials Company
Vulcan Materials Company, the nation’s leading producer of construction materials, is looking for a Technical Services Specialist. Vulcan rewards top performers with career advancement opportunities and offers industry leading employee training programs and employee development.
Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts and much more!
This position is responsible for providing QC field support and guidance to sales, operations and other company personnel. Interacts with contractors and communicates back to the plant and lab support team. Provides recommendations to address quality concerns. Provides quality reports with little or no direction. Individual may represent Company at various industry and pre-job meetings. Serves as a technical resource for the department, field operations personnel, sales personnel and outside contractors and agencies. Oversee and perform laboratory testing of aggregate and exploration samples at the company's regional lab in Richmond, VA.
Education, Experience, Skills Required:
High School diploma or its equivalent is required. AA or BS in Engineering or Geology is preferred.
Five (5) years of construction materials testing experience in construction materials to include aggregates, asphalt, and ready mix concrete is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Individual must possess superior working knowledge of at least one product line and skilled in all product lines.
• Individual must be skilled in basic ASTM, AASHTO, and state DOT testing procedures applicable to our complete product line.
• Person must be knowledgeable in product related specifications and finished products. Good math and computer skills.
• Ability to perform material testing in an orderly, efficient, and accurate manner.
• Strong verbal communications skills for interacting with plant production personnel, plant managers, sales personnel, customers, and agency representatives.
• Ability to problem solve, make decisions within level of authority, and work independently.
• Skills in general statistical analysis, math and engineering concepts are preferred.
• Must have the ability to use computerized equipment and technology.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google, Oracle Business Environment and other software packages relevant to the position.
Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.