Reports: Engineering Manager / Operations Manager
Education: BS in Engineering or Related Field
Experience: 5+ years
Under direction of the Engineering Manager, applies in-depth programming experience with complex tolerance parts using CNC machines, such as mills, lathes, millturn, EDM’s, lasers, or waterjet. Collaborates with the program managers to ensure the manufacturing plan is clearly identified and the work scope meets all requirements of the proposal and customer’s requirements.
· Reads and interprets blueprints, symbols and geometric tolerances.
· Review CAD models and/or blue prints
· Uses CAM software to generate program code that controls the operation of a CNC machine.
· Ability to process machined components and conceptualize developmental and production tooling
· Create operation work instruction sheets utilizing CAD/CAM software and models
· Develops most efficient process with consideration to safety, cost, and product quality
· Decides tools, speeds, feeds and fixtures to be used
· Run and verify using simulation software
· Create internal drawings and part models as required for operation work instructions using different types of CAD software
· Support any task assigned by the Engineering Technical Leader
· Performs duties and responsibilities with a high degree of flexibility, attention to detail, and a focus on quality in a OEM laser equipment-manufacturing environment.
· Able to research, understand and implement new technologies for possible cost savings and process improvements
· Proficient using various CAD/CAM software
· Must have the ability to work independently, proactively and meet customers deadlines
· Must work well with the manufacturing floor
· Participates in discussions with customers and suppliers as required
· Performs other duties as required
Key Competencies and Success Factors:
1101 N. Keller Rd. Ste G Orlando, FL 32810
Established in 1981, Laser Photonics has become the industry's #1 recognized expert in laser machinery for designing, developing, and manufacturing fiber and CO2 laser equipment in the United States of America. We have delivered laser machines to many industries worldwide such as defense, government, aerospace, automotive, biotech, fashion, medical, manufacturing, food processing and many more.
Laser Photonics brand is proud to help many of the worlds largest manufacturers in their efforts in becoming more effective and efficient in their production. Our state of the art laser marking, laser cleaning, laser cutting, laser engraving, and 3D metal sintering systems have been integrated into some of the highest tech manufacturing plants. Our exceptional longevity, service, and support have earned us our way onto many Fortune 500’s approved suppliers’ database.
Our Brands of Industrial products have, for more than 2 decades, become a workhorse of laser material processing for world-renowned companies such as GE, NASA, 3M, Johnson & Johnson, Caterpillar, Harley Davidson, HP, Nike, GM, SONY, Corning, Delphi, Dupont, Smith & Nephew, Schott, and PPG Industries.